Sunday, January 25, 2009

In 10 Years

In 10 Years………………….who knows?

After receiving my BS in Food Science and Technology with a minor in Packaging Science, I plan to complete a MS in Food Science. Within my chosen field, a particular interest of mine is creating nutritious, but portable foods for our increasingly on-the-go society. My goal is to work in the product development area for a major US food company. Even though companies may be based in the US, many now have international subsidiaries, particularly in Europe. This would be a significant factor in my job search, because traveling for business or pleasure is definitely something that appeals to me. I can pack a suitcase and be ready in no time!

My lifestyle has always been active and I doubt that will change 10 years from now. Settling down is not a term I would use to describe my future, because whoever I choose to marry will have to be an energetic person too. After all isn’t an active lifestyle good for your health?

Being born and raised near a big city, I appreciate the advantages of a metropolitan area. The culture, the entertainment, and of course the food easily within reach is amazing! It’s the diversity of city life that will keep me close to a metropolitan area, while I am still young. Eventually, during some of my traveling, I would like to purchase a small home in the Tuscan hills of Italy. Hopefully, my career will be successful and I will be able to afford my dream in the future.

Who knows……………..maybe in 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment